The contact details for the Heritage Team of Kilkenny County Council are set out below:
[su_note note_color=”#f2dce5″]Dearbhala Ledwidge, Heritage Officer
For general heritage queries, and queries related to the Kilkenny Heritage Plan, Kilkenny Biodiversity Plan, Kilkenny Heritage Forum and heritage projects.
Tel.: 056 779 4925 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org[/su_note]
[su_note note_color=”#ebceda”]Aine Doyle, Conservation Officer
For queries in relation to Architectural Heritage, Protected Structures and Conservation Grants.
Tel.: 056 779 4376 Email: email@example.com [/su_note]
[su_note note_color=”#e0c3cf”]Evelyn Graham, Project Liaison Architect
For queries in relation to St. Mary’s Church and Graveyard.
Tel.: 056 779 4028 Email: Evelyn.firstname.lastname@example.org[/su_note]
Kilkenny County Council is committed to the protection and enhancement of the heritage of County Kilkenny and promotes heritage conservation, awareness and appreciation through the work of the Heritage Officer and Conservation Officer, and other staff members. The Heritage and Conservation staff provide advice, develop policies and priorities for the identification, protection, preservation and enhancement of Kilkenny’s heritage.
This is achieved through:
• Co-ordination of and implementation of the actions in the Kilkenny County Heritage Plan
• Collecting and disseminating information on Kilkenny’s heritage
• Providing information and advice on heritage issues
• Promoting education on heritage issues to raise awareness
• Helping communities and individuals to plan and carry out heritage projects
• Developing policies and priorities for the identification, protection, preservation and enhancement of Kilkenny’s heritage.
This website provides information on Kilkenny’s heritage, details of projects undertaken around the county and sources of support and funding for heritage related projects.
The Heritage Council part funds the network of 28 City/ County Heritage Officers and Heritage Officer Programme in Local Authorities across the country. The Heritage Council’s vision is that the value of our heritage is enjoyed, managed and protected for the vital contribution that it makes to our identity, well-being and future.