The Community Monuments Fund 2024 as operated by the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage will be administered by the Heritage Office, Kilkenny County Council.
The Fund will provide investment in Ireland’s archaeological heritage and is prioritised for Local Authorities, private owners, custodians and community groups. It will:
- Enable conservation works to be carried out on monuments which are deemed to be significant and in need of urgent support;
- Build resilience in our monuments to enable them to withstand the effects of climate change;
- Encourage access to monuments and improve their presentation.
The Community Monuments Fund has 3 streams:
- Stream 1 – will offer grants up to€100,000 for essential repairs and capital works for the conservation of archaeological monuments.
- Stream 2 – will offer grants of up to €30,000 for development of Conservation Management Plans/Reports and detailed Specification of Works aimed at identifying measures for conservation of archaeological monuments and improving public access.
- Stream 3 – will offer grants of up to €30,000 for the enhancement of access infrastructure, interpretation (including virtual/online) at archaeological monuments.
Maximum grant aid under all Streams is 100% of eligible costs.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Thursday 1st February 2024.
Application form and a guidance booklet for applicants can be downloaded below (English / Irish versions). Completed applications should be returned by e-mail to email@example.com or by post, clearly marked ‘Community Monument Fund Application’ Heritage Office, Kilkenny County Council, Patrick’s Court, Patrick Street, Kilkenny, R95 N28F by no later than Thursday 1st February 2024.
For further information please contact Heritage Office, Kilkenny County Council on:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 056 779 4923
Community Monuments Fund 2024 documents to download